This is a guide written to help you get an IRC chat client set up so you can start chatting in #dcemu.
1. Firstly download a IRC chat client . There are many irc chat clients such as:
Visual IRC '97 http://www.megalith.co.uk/virc/
Farenheit Carera http://www.sofasitters.com/
We will be using mIRC . If you dont already have mIRC it can be downloaded from http://www.mirc.com/get.html
2. After downloading unzip using WINZIP . If you dont have winzip you can download it http://www.winzip.com/
3. Install mIRC and run it. After starting it up close down the introduction page ( The one with the Bill gates lookalike picture on it ) Then click the ADD button.
4. Fill in the details as follows the click ADD.
5. Then fill in your name , email and nickname details with what ever you want and then Click CONNECT TO SERVER .
6. After connecting to the server you can join #dcemu in one of 2 ways . By entering this into the channel to join .
7. Or By typing this into the STATUS window and pressing ENTER.
8. When you are in #dcemu here are some basic commands which may be of some help to you. ( NOTE THAT ALL IRC COMMANDS START WITH / )
/HELP shows general help or help on the given command.
/NICK changes your nickname
/LIST lists all current channels.
/JOIN to join a channel
/INVITE sends an invitation to another user
/AWAY leaves a message saying you're away or not paying attention
/PART to leave a channel (same as LEAVE)
/QUIT exits your IRC session, (same as BYE and EXIT)
/WHOIS displays information about someone
TAKE NOTE THAT ANY DISCUSSION OF DC WAREZ IN #DCEMU RESULTS IN A BAN . DCEMU IS NOT ABOUT WAREZ .
Please disable Adblock!